Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New life, new me!

It's crazy how long it's been since I was on here. I was damn near out of my mind at that time.

So what's been happening? First off, I quit my teaching job. It wasn't good for me. The stress, the long hours, the lack of appreciation, the headaches with behavior and PARENTS, the un-ending pile of papers to corrects and always, always more tasks to be responsible for. Do I miss it? Hell NOOOO! It's been almost a full school year since I've been out and not a day goes by that I don't think about some aspect of it. Earlier on, I asked myself constantly if I did the right thing by quitting. I mean, it's not a thing that someone does around here. Being a part of the public school district is one that is highly desirable and is usually a career, life-long job. It's almost unheard of to QUIT, like I did.

This past year, I've gotten to know myself better and I feel like a happier, better adjusted person. I strive to make the world a better place. To do kind deeds, to be helpful, to listen, to pray, to be a friend. I've read more books, cooked more meals, cleaned more of my house, picked up my sewing skills, learned to knit, painted a few house interiors, and taken a few more trips. It's wonderful, this life that I live now. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who allows me these privileges. He's much happier seeing me happy and not so stressed.

I'm still open to a possible part-time job, but it's definitely go to be one that means I can leave at the end of the day w/o work to take home. Low stress, fun work environment and great people to work with are high priority. Does such a job exist?

Does anyone read this blog besides me? Leave a comment and let me know! Maybe I'll pop in here and post more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment