Friday, February 28, 2020

RSC 2020: Orange!


My mama would be proud! In fact, she would be gushing at the progress this month and requesting an entire quilt be made from these blocks.

🧡Oh, how Hazel loved orange!🧡

At one time, she even drove an orange car! 

In full respect, orange is not one of my favorite colors.

Even though I had one reader offer to send me orange scraps 
(bless your ever-loving orange heart), 
I spent a few bucks to purchase a few fat quarters 
and even found some orange remnants in the bin at JoAnn. 


Many strips were sewn and cut to make 24 more 9-patch blocks....
2 rows of 12 blocks.

Sewn to the green strips and we have ourselves the beginning vision of a colorful quilt!

 

Mom, orange you happy? 😉


Linking up with:



4 comments:

  1. Neat oranges--my Mom had an orange Datsun that she loved--and Orange was her fave color, too...;)))
    I have a new respect for orange after working with it all month now...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loathed orange as a child but absolutely love it now, in fact, it is now one of my favourite colours to wear. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, orange is not one of my favorite colors; however, it has grown on me! In a sewing/quilting group a few years ago, we were passed around a bag of colored pens. We had to reach in and choose two colors and all our group blocks that year were to be made from those colors and a neutral if we wanted to add. Guess what my two colors were? Orange and pink! I would never have thought those would have worked, but they did, surprisingly! And my grandson wanted a tiger quilt, so orange was a definite for that! LOL I need to dig out those blocks and see if I can make something with them! LOL I do like your quilt, especially with the green! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good against the green! Orange is not a favorite of mine, but I live in bright orange and white University of Tennessee country, so I see a lot of it, and there's a lot available here. LOL I did drive an orange/woody Jeep Wagoneer for quite a few years, and one good things was that I never lost it in the parking lot!

    ReplyDelete