Thursday, October 7, 2021

October One Monthly Goal

 


The moment I saw the Fall Pumpkin Pillow Sewalong with Bev at Flamingo Toes, I knew I was going to jump on that wagon.  She started the tutorial on September 27th, but we were traveling through SW Colorado, so it would need to wait. We just got home a few days ago and I am anxious to start cutting and getting caught up with this cutie!

I always love to visit quilt shops when traveling, so I kept this project in mind when browsing.  Nothing causes my sewing foot to twitch like a good project just waiting to be started!

Above are the fabrics I've chosen to use in this pillow top.

This is a photo of Bev's Fall Pumpkin Pillow....
Bev's pillow from Flamingo Toes
 

So, completing this pillow to the final stitch when adding the envelope backing is my 
One Monthly Goal for October.

If I get ambitious, I'll work on my RSC projects from September.
I had gotten the flimsy tops finished before our Colorado trip,
but the basting, quilting and binding still need to be checked off for completion.

This is what I've got for the September RSC orange challenge:


Above, this small runner is based off of Pat Sloan's Soiree block.
The orange triangles were the cut-off ears from the Flying Geese blocks below. 
I think it's going to look fabulous when finished!



This second orange runner is a project I've admired in a quilting magazine. I'll add more details later when I git 'er done.

Linking up with:

Elm Street Quilts One Montlhy Goal

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back home. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Great goals for October. I had not seen the Pumpkin QAL. Sally is encouraging me to join, pointing out some fabrics in my stash which would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete