Tuesday, August 20, 2024

It's A Jungle Out There Blog Hop...my day!

 



Welcome to Day 3 of the It's A Jungle Out There Blog Hop!
We are here because of our gracious hostess, Joan at Moosestash Quilting
There are always so many talented bloggers who stitch along and provide incredible inspiration.


This month's challenge is to create a project centered on animals, plants or trees.




It all began with the background piece here that's filled with woodland animals. 
I pulled from my stash an assortment of coordinating fabrics. 

Not knowing how big I wanted this...more likely reason is that my math skills suck...I simply cut a whole lot of 5" squares. The solids would become HST's. 



If you squint your eyes juuuust enough, you can see that there's a secondary pattern going on.
Behind the diagonal rows, there are vertical stripes of green, then blue. 
Raise your hand if you see the stripes! 🙋




There is one big disadvantage to having a design floor. 




After piecing all the blocks together, I quilted the layers together using the wavy stitch that's on my machine. 
I've used this stitch many times and really like how it looks. 




Now how in the world did this batting scrap get sewn onto the back? 
At least I had only sewn one pass before finding it. 
Ugh. It's a jungle out there! 




A striped binding provided the look I was going for!




The leftover small scraps were sewn into rows and quilted onto batting.




And it soon became a matching bib! 




It is Jax-approved!


Now for some final photos of the quilt...all taken in the jungle we call our backyard!






Now I have a gift for a baby boy all ready to go! 
This quilt measures 38" square. 


Please follow along the hop and see many more fabulous projects!

Monday August 19

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilting Between the Rails

High Road Quilter

 

Tuesday August 20

Patchouli Moon Studio

Karrins Crazy World

Quilting Gail

Quilted Delights

 

Wednesday August 21

A Quiltery

Quilted Snail

Selina Quilts

Hazel’s Daughter  < << you are here!

 

Thursday August 22

Just Let Me Quilt

Scrapdash

BeaQuilter

That Fabric Feeling
















17 comments:

  1. Great quilt! Love the jungle backyard for photographing it. I made my husband that quilt in black and grays a few months ago. He loves it. See mine here: https://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com/2024/04/simply-serene-quilt-in-black-white-gray.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt! You were clever to use scraps to make a bib. Whomever receives this quilt will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and bib. And since Jax approves, you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes stripes...I see the stripes! LOL!! I love your projects! Those fabrics and colors are fabulous! I can relate to your design floor issue. (eye roll here) Hopefully Jax doesn't rearrange things like my kitties do here for me! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt and matching big. Love the fabrics! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt. So frustrating to sew extra objects on blocks and quilts. Glad it was an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilt! Love the fabrics you used and the extra bib is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the stripes...very cool! The quilt is really cute and perfect for a baby or toddler. Jax stole the show on your post, especially as your bib model. I love your jungle projects, Kathy, and enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand raised, because I see those stripes. Jax makes a wonderful bib model. I also have a design floor so Astrid always plops down right in the middle, and the gets an attitude when I request that she move away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw those stripes before I read about them!!! They're great! Love the quilt and the bib!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dog Jax looks like my dog Ike. number one couch potato, ugliest purebred aussie award winner, and best dog ever!!! oh, and grey muzzle from the get go to make him look ever so sophisticated. (a very dry sense of humor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice quilt and bib. Great idea for quilt left over fabrics. And very calm pooch modeling bib.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt and I didn't have to squint to see the stripes. If I used my floor for design layout I would be missing pieces, my pups are thieves. They would then fight over that cute bib til they had half each. Good thing I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great pattern. I love how it came out. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great looking quilt. And sweet use of the small scraps in making the matching bib.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice quilt and bib. Great use of the fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete