Tuesday, February 3, 2015

BOM #3 for Sew Sweet Simplicity




Hey there! It seems like forever since I've been here. If you're checking, it was November 30th, to be exact. Those holidays, a road trip to Florida and lots of work have kept me busy. I've certainly not had enough time to spend sewing!

Anyhoo, I finished Jacquelynne Steves BOM #3 several weeks ago, but I didn't jump to post it for a couple of reasons. One, it didn't turn out right! I'm not sure where I went wrong, but it doesn't look like the sample she has in the tutorial. I played around with it, even ripped out stitches, and finally sewed it together as shown above. (BTW, the colors are a bit off due to photographing on a gloomy winter day using only my Happy Light in the background, which usually works pretty well.)

If I have time, I'll make this a bonus block and try #3 again. Otherwise, it will just have to do!

This is what it should look like (minus the applique in the center):

 
I'm thinking I want to do some machine embroidery stitching in the center of each block when I've got them all completed and sewn together with the sashing. I've got a feathered design that I won on a blog that I'm very interested in trying. Maybe even some trapunto. Has anyone tried trapunto embroidery? I'd love some tips!
 
Soon, very soon, I will post BOM #4! Promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Looks like you've placed some half-square triangles around the center block instead of the outside border. But I like the looks of what you've created, and if it were mine, I'd just enjoy it this way and move on to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though your block did not turn ot the saem - it is still a great block Kathy. I would call it serendipity and now you have a new design!
    I've never tried trapunto but have a kit for it so I hope to someday.

    ReplyDelete