Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Pick A Pumpkin Blog Hop!


Pumpkin, pumpkin! 
Who's got the pumpkin?
We all do!
Every single one of the blogs on this hop has pumpkin projects to share.
Hosted by Carla from Creatin' In The Sticks, a 4-day line-up of bloggers are all spiced up to show you their creations! Follow along and have fun!

My project was almost not a project at all! My sewing machine literally had a break down before I could start. She had to be serviced and that meant a 2 hour trip to the repair shop and a 2 week wait! 
I was not a happy pumpkin!

So I opted for a small project. One that I could use on a side table in our sitting room where we read. 

Starting off with strips of orange from my stash with 
random lengths and widths,
 I sewed them together. 


I sewed enough to make a wonky-shaped pumpkin. 

Picture-taking here was not a priority, so you will need a good imagination!


Low volume strips were added to make a square. 
Loop-de-loop FMQ came next.


Fabrics were auditioned for the binding. (I chose the lower right one.)


With the addition of a stem and leaves that were hand-stitched on, 
I am really quite pleased with the final product!
The leaves add a dimensional touch!



My table topper measures 17" x 16" and will sit pretty until I get into the Christmas mood!

Thanks for stopping by!



Join the rest of the blog hop to see what my friends are up to!

Monday, November 5th

Tuesday, November 6th

Wednesday, November 7th
Hazel’s Daughter <---You are Here!
Thursday, November 8th















34 comments:

  1. So cute! I just love the scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pumpkin and it is so modern, improv, and artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different look of your pumpkin; very impressionistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pumpkin, Kathy!! I just purchased a book on improv piecing and hope to use some scraps to make something beautiful! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece and very creative! We can create some pretty cool stuff when we put our minds to it, can't we? :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly bounced back from the machine breakdown. Your "substitute" piece looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this is a really nifty pumpkin piece! I love how it all came together and how it has dimension. Nicely done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your mod pumpkin table topper. Perfect for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not having my sewing machine would definitely make me an unhappy pumpkin, too, but you came through with such a cute project. I love that wonky pumpkin! Thanks for showing how you made it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun that is. I'm sorry about your sewing machine, but this project was great and something different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh... a stripper pumpkin block. Eleanor Burns would love this one! LOL!! Every time I see a strip project she comes to mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet. That will cheer up any table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet pumpkin table topper. I love how you put the strips together and added the background, too. Hope all goes well from now on with your baby (sewing machine).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice improv pumpkin block and project. May your machine sew happily along for a long time after the trip to the spa. Thanks for sharing in the hop ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this free form, artistic interpretation of a pumpkin - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great table topper! Love all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The leaves are a wonderful focal point for your pumpkin piece. Great idea adding them and the stem by hand after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Kathy, I just love this. It's a super modern pumpkin and so abstract. You really shine with creativity and I may have to try to make one too! Thank you for joining the Pick a Pumpkin blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha very cute and cool idea....great way to use up scraps... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty little pumpkin table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We somehow learn to make do when we have to! The pumpkin is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute! Nice use of scraps and "no machine" time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A nice modern-looking and fun looking project!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely pumpkin table topper! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project.... clever use of scraps and the resources at hand. Enjoy your table topper until Christmas sets in!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that is one of the prettiest and most unique fall table toppers I have ever seen. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete