Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hope Springs Eternal: PQ Challenge 10.1





Hopeful Table Mat

I've been inspired and involved in Persimon Dreams Project Quilting 
for the past few years. 
I love being able to create a project with one single idea!

This first challenge idea is 'Hope Springs Eternal'.

I had a very busy week with school and didn't think I could
 get involved in this week's project. 

Until, I looked through my want-to-make list and found a block I have long admired from 
Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. 

I had HOPED to make this into a table mat 
someday for our sitting room. 

I could get this done, right?


My HOPES to use up the extra HST pieces did not work out. 
Maybe another project will come along. 


The fading sun coming in my sewing room was not providing a lot of
 HOPE as I auditioned binding choices. 
*I went with the lower left fabric in black and gold. 


Simple quilting in the ditch and spaced along the seams, 
along with programmed stitches along the side panels
 increased my HOPE for getting this done!


HOPE truly does spring eternal! 
I finished my table mat and two matching coasters for my little side table just in time!

I HOPE you like it as much as I do!

Please stop by Persimon Dreams to vote for your favorite projects this week!

Project completed in my home in Dubuque, Iowa.
Dimensions: 16" x 12"
Pieced fabrics and consisting of 3 layers.




No comments:

Post a Comment