Friday, April 10, 2020

RSC 2020: Light & Bright Blue!






One upside to staying home is giving myself more time to sew. It feeds my soul and nourishes my mind. There are plenty of other things I should do, but those things don't give me the same satisfaction. 

Maybe come mid-summer (if this pandemic is over), I will wish I had spent more time cleaning closets and tidying up the garage. 

But for now, for today and likely tomorrow, I will sew.

I had my 2 rows of 9-patch blocks completed in just 2 days. 

I surprised myself at finding that light and bright blues weren't flourishing in my stash. 
It's the medium and darker blues that win out.



All four colors are sewn together and are becoming friends. 




It's going to be such a pretty quilt!

Linking up with:




7 comments:

  1. This i looking amazing all together. How many lots of nine patches are in each row? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! There are 12 nine-patch blocks in each row.
      I make 2 rows of each color for a total of 24 nine-patch blocks!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful all together--I like how the colors really flow in this...I had mostly dark blues, too...just little bits and bobs of paler blues in the scrap bag...
    ~ ~ ~ Waving from sunny skies Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the developing friendship between these colors. I hope that other colors will continue the tradition :-)
    In my opinion it is just as well that you don't have light blues cause they would not stand out (as well) against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn’t have many blues, so I haven’t added any, yet. I’ve got to keep digging, I guess! Especially now that I see how nicely they play together. Your RSC is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's so pretty so far! Your scraps are very bright and cheerful. And I think a couple of finished quilts is a much better accomplishment than a clean closet. Who will admire your closet 5 years from now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know sometimes you just have to go with your mood and do the job you feel like doing. Besides you'll enjoy doing it and probably do a better job because you didn't push yourself. One of these days you'll NEED to sew but feel in the mood to clean that closet.

    ReplyDelete