Monday, August 31, 2020

RSC August 2020: Purple!

 


It took all of 8 months, but finally my favorite color was chosen for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! Oh, how I love purple! 

  • my very first quilt I made while in college was a simple patchwork quilt of purple fabrics. Backed with a lavender bed sheet and batted with a blanket!
  • my bridesmaids all wore a varying shade of purple in their taffeta dresses, along with purple flowers...way back in '83!
  • all of my classrooms throughout the years were predominantly decorated in purple...there was no question what color I loved when my students arrived!
  • my laundry room is painted in a deep eggplant color...no one cares since I'm the only  one who uses it!
  • I also have one wall of my sewing room painted in a happy shade of violet.




24 more 9-patch blocks to add onto this quickly-growing quilt top!



This past week, I also made 4 blocks from the Moda Blockheads3 offered by Brigitte Heitland at Zenchicmoda. There was and is much controversy over the original designer for this block.

 It got ugly on Instagram. 
I stayed out of it.

I just enjoyed making these curvy-licious blocks and look forward to making more!


Linking up with:


4 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, yeah. I thought that the first time I saw the block. I recall years ago seeing something called a "_____________" block, and this looks exactly like it. Now I want to try and make one bc it looks cool and complex and fun.
    Your projects so far are very pretty. Happy September, Yippee finally cooler weather here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That being said.... do any of us have a copyright or patent on a block a quilt or any thing we "invent". This block is not new. I have an old quilt I bought at a department store (falling apart, sort of bc made in china and has had to be repaired a zillion times, I think the slave workers have to use 16th of a seam) that has this block in it.

      Delete
  2. Pretty PURPLE blocks and your RSC quilt is coming together beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your squares blocks! I haven't seen them in a while, since I've been missing in action, but this is amazing! Your curvy blocks look great, too.

    ReplyDelete