Thursday, September 17, 2020

RSC September 2020: Red


 Red brings joy!
I remember being a kid and most girls my age would say red was their favorite color. 
Then there was me who would love purple.
I liked being different with a little bit of that "oooh" factor.

Still, red is such a pretty color.
It's the color of most apples.
The color of most hearts.
It's Santa's pants!
Often times, it's the color of my hair, only not THAT red!

My fabric stash holds many reds, so this month was not a problem making my 9-patch blocks. 

My only issue was adding this vibrant color onto the end next to August's purple rows.
It didn't jive with me.  Too much brightness at one end. 

It bothered me that the March aqua and April light blue rows melded together. 
Enter the handy seam ripper.


Notice above how the middle rows almost look alike?

Were there any "rules" (self-imposed or otherwise) that said these colors had to be sewn in order? I think not!


So the 2 rows were separated and put on opposite ends.


I'm much happier now with this alignment. 

I hope you are all healthy and safe!

Linking up with: 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a way to order them that pleased you. I do like the new alignment!

    ReplyDelete