Saturday, January 23, 2021

Project Quilting 12.2 Fussy Cutting and Sew Sweetness January Challenge

 


I was sewing double duty this week! 

Persimon Dream's Project Quilting's task was to use fussy cutting in a completed project. 

I decided to include the fussy cutting in the Sew Sweetness January Challenge which was to stitch up any Sew Sweetness pattern. I chose a free pattern called the Persimmon Dumpling Pouch. This sweet pouch comes in 3 sizes (I made the small and medium sizes) and is absolutely easy to do following Sara Lawson's video tutorial and written directions. I know I'll be making more in the future!


I started with fussy-cutting strips of fabric that I've set aside over the years for just this reason. Most strips were 2" wide and sewn with 1/4" seam. 
Above were the sections sewn for the medium sized Dumpliing Pouch.


Quilting the newly-made fabric was fun. 
Shape-Flex Fusible Woven Interfacing helps to give the sides of the pouch some stiffness,
 and also gives the fabric depth when quilting. 

I even did some FMQ about shapes to help the designs stand out. 





You can't scare me, you sneaky zippers!
The lighting is poor here, but I have an awesome view over a pond just beyond our backyard.



Here's the finished pouches! So darned cute!


For some reason, one end on each pouch is wonky where the seams line up. 
It doesn't affect the structure, and is only aesthetics. 
Still....it bugs me.



It was fun choosing some coordinating lining fabric!

Ok, so if you don't mind a bit of "wonky", I'd love to give this smallest pink-zipped pouch to one of my readers!  
(Email subscribers and Bloglovin' followers of this blog may be given preference!)

Congrats to The Joyful Quilter for winning the Artsy Bib in my last post!

Please leave a comment on this post stating that you are interested and I will draw a name next weekend. (US addresses only, please.) You will have 48 hours to reply to my email to win. 
*Sharpie pens not included.

Linking up with:















8 comments:

  1. Your pouches are adorable. The bright and cheerful fussy cuts are perfect for making a detailed stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! I also love that you're adding in a fun little giveaway with your creations! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sew cute. I started to sew some pouches a few years ago, I bought the zippers, and didn’t get further than that. So I’m definitely interested in winning one. Thanks. kthurn (at) bektel (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! These are SEW cute (and I won last time.) Thanks for that, though, as my new great niece was born this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a finish that worked in both challenges! (I do already sew a lot of pouches, so please do not include me in your giveaway.) These turned out wonderful and pouches are so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable!! Love the colorful fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to combine projects. The pouches look bright and cheery and so very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pouches! I'm going to have to look up that tutorial. Clever girl doing two for one! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete