Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Baby Lattice Quilt...finished!


Yeah! The project I've been working on all of this month is finally finished!
Just 3 days ago, this quilt was looking like this:

All it needed was the binding.

Lots of work this month was preventing me from getting into the sewing room.
It's been the winter testing period for the school district.
In the past 2 weeks, I've tested almost 300 kindergarteners and 1st graders.
Once each school day was over, I was too pooped to do much of anything!

Choosing a fabric for the binding always seems to be a tough one.
I lined up the fabric choices beneath the edges to see what would jump at me.
They all did!

So, I had to ask my husband for help.
Yeah, the one who has trouble matching his socks to his slacks.

The one who has a great eye for matching binding to quilt tops!


Using the process of elimination, we ended up choosing the coral floral fabric from Kate Spain.
It turned out to be a perfect choice!





We had a few rays of sunshine this morning and we ran outside for photos.
Has January been gray and gloomy for everyone?

Sigh.







This quilt will be given to the daughter of a good friend who is having the first
grandbaby on both sides of the family.
The expectant mother grew up with my kids and it will be such a joy
to give this to her as she and her husband welcome their new blessing into the world!




















2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Great binding choice- I love it!
    Thanks so much for linking up at AmyScrapSpot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very sweet thing to do Kathy and a happy little quilt. I love the scrappy binding and the color combination!

    ReplyDelete