Wednesday, June 19, 2024

For The Birds Blog Hop

 


Today is my day on the For the Birds Blog Hop!

This hop is hosted by Joan at MooseStashQuilting, and it is here that you will find a wide array of bird-themed projects to keep your wings aflutter! 


How's that saying go? Birds of a feather flock together?

Well, if that's true, this funky bird is in the right place! 

I hope you've been following along with this blog hop and have enjoyed the creative bird projects!


When I'm looking for inspiration, I often get caught going down the rabbit hole of Pinterest. I found enough ideas to fill my bird-brained nugget so I could get pecking at my new project!


I gathered my brightly colored strip scraps and sewed them together for the background. 

Knowing this was going to be on the smaller side, I chose strips no longer than 16" in length. 



With scraps of fabric chosen and hand-drawn templates, I used Heat 'n Bond Lite to prep my appliques. 




All appliques were cut out and laid in place.
I had a keen liking for this bird already!

She seemed to be going places!





Back to the background piece, I laid the applique templates aside and added a batting to the sewn strips.  Organic wavy lines became my quilting choice, using different colored threads.



The flowers were ironed down first, then edged with black thread in a narrow stitch.


Her groovy, skinny legs and bird boots are perfectly in fashion for heading to wherever!



And in her beak, she carries a purple string!
She knows that a string always comes in handy!


I had so much fun making this little bird wall hanging! 

Thank you, Joan, for hosting another great hop!

Here's the week's full blog hop schedule for your enjoyment:


June 17

MooseStashQuilting

Quilting Between the Rails

Selina Quilts

Quilt Doodle Designs

 

June 18

Homespun Hannah's Blog

BeaQuilter

Words & Stitches

High Road Quilter

Quilted Delights

Quilted Snail

 

June 19

Patchouli Moon Studio

A Quiltery

Ms P Designs USA

Stitching Farm Girl

Scrapdash

 

June 20

Just Let Me Quilt

Isabella’s Whimsy

Quilting Gail

Hazel's Daughter (you are here!)

Songbird Designs













17 comments:

  1. That bird quilt is adorable! I love the bright colors that you chose and that bird has such personality. I too can spend hours on Pinterest! It is a great place to accumulate some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird quilt is so cute and colorful. The striped background was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice wall hanging. Great colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart! This is absolutely adorable. I love seeing just how you put it all together! There are so many fun things we can do with our scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Kathy, this is adorable! I love how you did the background for the bird using your scraps. I will definitely do that on a project in the future. Thanks for joining in today...it was nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable wall hanging! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and very creative, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - so adorable! The pieced background is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird quilt looks fabulous and fashionable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable little bird! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, I LOVE your quilt!! It is adorable and so creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh your birdy chick is gorgeous!! She has so much personality and pizazz - a really fun piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s adorable! Love the sassy look of your bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love, Love, Love her. She has so much personality running around with that very important piece of string. This is a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's very cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete