Friday, December 23, 2016

What Inspires You?


I've always wished I was one of those people
that could come up with great ideas and projects on my own.

Instead, I almost always have to be inspired by something else or someone else's work first.

I never try to copy the original,
but give it a good ol' twist of my own.

That philosophy goes not only for sewing,
but also for lesson plans, recipes, clothing styles, hair, home décor, organization,
and every other nook and cranny of my life.

But, with that said, I do consider myself a fairly creative person!

Where do I find creative inspiration?



blogs...I read a lot of 'em.

pinterest...love it! I've got a few, OK, lots of boards full of good stuff!

magazines...I don't subscribe to any, but do flip through them in stores and will buy what I like.

Instagram is great too, for eye candy.

Project Challenges are good ways to get me fired up, too! As long as I'm given a starting point, such as a color, or shape, or theme, I can whip together a project.

youtube...such a wonderful source of ideas and tutorials!

*Day 23 o 31 Days of Blogging Challenge







3 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm so happy that you are writing about individual creativity. I am the same as you in that I rarely come up with my own ideas but get my inspiration from all the same sources as you!! I guess we make the piece our own by the colour choices and the twist to put our own signature on it. The most important part is that we create and our hearts sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a creative soul. I look for inspiration everywhere and find it everywhere.
    I did a series on my blog called "finding the muse". My blog is Not Afraid Of Color. LAPaylor.blogspot.com
    Most recently I found inspiration for a new series from an exhibit at the Nat'l Gallery of Art. It will be very different from those artists work but inspired by the line or colors in their work.
    I'm excited to explore the possibilities!
    LeeAnna Paylor
    ps I get your posts by email notice, and don't always comment. Enjoying them tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful reading material...Can't wait for the next messages...Pat

    ReplyDelete