Friday, December 16, 2016

One Wish



A few of my friends posted this on facebook this week.
I don't believe it is original to any of them. Maybe you've seen it on your fb feed too.

This is just so touching and so beautiful.
It's worth sharing.

"My children ask me the same question each year. After thinking about it, I decided I'd give them my real answer:

What do I want for Christmas? I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worries, your kids, your fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don't care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.

I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how, and I'm not bragging, but I did a pretty darn good job. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work, I'm pretty proud of it.
Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don't mind. In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way.
I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your family, I have all the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy. When you ask me what I want for Christmas, I say "nothing" because you've already been giving me my gift all year. I want you."

This could have been written by any mother, anywhere!

Beautiful, isn't it?

*Day 16 of the 31 Days of Blogging Challenge....officially over-the-hump!

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that. I want that kind of gift for Christmas too. ;^)the

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful. Every person should read that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hits speaks right to the heart of life Kathy!

    ReplyDelete