Friday, December 2, 2016

My Favorite Podcasts




Sometime during the summer of 2015, I learned that there were podcasts about sewing and quilting. Up til this time, I had always listened to Pandora streamed through my iPad while plugged into speakers in my sewing room. I liked being able to choose different stations depending on my mood.

I found that my mood changed often and since sewing is such a solitary activity, I found myself almost "blue" when sewing even if I loved the music!
When I started listening to podcasts, this hasn't happened even once.
I think it's the feeling that I have someone else in the room with me while I sew.
 Isn't that strange?

Below, I've listed my favorite podcasts that I am subscribed to through iTunes. All are free!

Listed in no particular order...cuz I love them all!



Stephanie is the hostess with the mostest and she chats with many of the big names in the quilting world. The interviews are open, fun and comfortable conversations.



 


Abby Glasssenberg is another great hostess and scouts out other designers and
creative business owners in the sewing industry. Her chats are always interesting and provide so much information that I'd never thought of from the designing aspect.





This is a rather new one to me, but I've really enjoyed a few episodes.
Each episode focuses on one creative personality and shares his/her story.







Who doesn't love Pat Sloan? Pat always keeps me smiling and listening with her informal conversations with great minds in the sewing world.


I listen to a few more podcasts, but these are my favorites.

Time seems to fly when I listen and sew along.
No more "blues" for me!

Do you listen to any others that I should check out?

*Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge!










2 comments:

  1. I like all of these too! They are often on while I sew. If I happen to have heard all of the current episodes,might go back into the archives. It will take a while before I run out of those!

    Another one I like is Sit & Sew Radio. It's a lot like Modern Sewceity. Both hosts are moms of young kids, and the interviews are fun and interesting. If you want to try a non sewing podcast, try Happier by Gretchen Robin. Have you read any of her books? She writes about happiness and finding more happy in our daily lives. Her sister co-hosts, so some of it is just a conversation between them, but I usually hear something to chuckle about, or something that makes me think.

    It is interesting how what we listen to influences us, isn't it? When I know that there are new episodes to listen to, I'm more likely to make time to get in the sewing room, so they have an effect on my productivity, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found podcasts too, and I love them for the same reasons! Thanks for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete