Tuesday, December 6, 2016

One of Those "Gotta-Create-Something" Projects


If you have a shred of creativity in your system,
I'm sure you know the feeling of having to create something like RIGHT NOW!



I was between projects this past summer and needed to quiet that nudging inside me.
I strolled through Pinterest for inspiration, as I often do.
I came across this photo and was instantly inspired:


(not my project above...my inspiration photo)


I turned to my stash and scrap baskets for the perfect fabrics.
I FMQ'd a neutral background with a brick-patterned border on one side.
I made flowers.
I made leaves.
I sewed them down.





 I zig-zagged over green yarn to create swirly vines.

I added cloud-patterned fabric for clouds.
I even cut out a butterfly and added it  to fly near the clouds.

This little project got put on the back burner because something else got in the way of finishing it.
I think it was a quilt.

It's like yelling "SQUIRREL!!!" and off I go chasing a new adventure.

All she needs is a binding. It will get done and I will post updates.
Promise!


*Day 6 of the 31 Days of Blogging Challenge





1 comment:

  1. The need to create RIGHT NOW really resonated with me. It's a constant urge. This little project is the cutest! Can't wait to see it all finished up!

    ReplyDelete