Saturday, December 17, 2016

Binding Day




Today was all about the binding for the Scrappy Picnic Plaid Quilt. This was the last day to post photos of the finished quilt on Instagram for the challenge. Sure, I could drag it out and finish it later, but it still had to be wrapped for Christmas for a special kid of mine.


I like a scrappy binding, especially on a scrappy quilt. I wanted to use just 3 colored fabrics with a white piece to separate them. The majority would be the same as the backing--the black/gray/white.



Binding is so pretty all rolled up, isn't it?
Reminds me of a sushi roll.
Only I don't like sushi rolls.


I was sweating this job out trying to get it done!
No laundry, no cooking, no chasing the dog today. I had to get this crossed off my list!


I've machine-stitched binding onto the back before, but haven't been real happy with it.
This time, I parked myself in front of the fireplace and TV
to sew this baby on. Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers kept me
                                                        entertained...such funny movies!








I like to cut my binding strips 3" wide. That gives me plenty of room to play with and fold over.


Enjoying the fire and a good movie on a snowy, cold December day.

Stay tuned for photos tomorrow of the finished quilt! Yahoo!

*Day 17 of 31 Days of Blogging Challenge


1 comment:

  1. Your quilt looks lovely. I love the backing you chose for it! I had a great time with the sew-along. There are so many variations on the pattern and they are all Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete